Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Second Chances

I was a baton twirler when I was growing up and remember the first time I went to baton twirling camp: my mother outfitted me with album covers to decorate my room in place of the posters that other kids would be bringing. I could have had no idea how out of place Ed Ames and Tom Jones would be next to The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, and Pink Floyd, nor could I have known how much of "my own time" I was missing by being the "good girl" I was supposed to be.

Ok, zoom zoom ... It's 35 years later, and NOW I'm catching up. I'm finally buying those "albums" I should have bought long ago, listening to all those forbidden songs, and being delightfully surprised to learn that I actually know a lot of them - they must have seeped into my brain when I hadn't noticed.

I write all that to get to this: I was just getting to the Pink Floyd chapter of music recovery a couple of weeks ago (and OMG ... it's fabulous! So THAT'S what all the fuss was about!) when I read that the band would reunite for the first time in 24 years to sing for the Live8 concert last Saturday. Oh, yeah ... lucky me! I hadn't missed EVERYTHING!! Pink Floyd! Oh, yeah! Thanks to Norm over at onegoodmove, I caught a piece of the concert "live," and I'm passing the link on to you here.

Now, I'm off for another trip through "Dark Side of the Moon."

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: