Thursday, March 16, 2006

$9 Trillion National Debt Limit Approved

I'm piggy-backing a post from Ken at "The View From the Left" in passing along this news. Ken currently works as a legislative assistant to a Washington State Senator, and I often find his report of current events insightful and timely - bits I might otherwise miss. This news falls into that category... the cap for our nation's debt set at $30,000 for every man, woman, and child! As Ken writes, "I don't have $30,000 to give my government." - this after I've paid my taxes again this year. Fiscal management is a priority for me. I have never been comfortable putting tomorrow at risk for the sake of a better today. The bill to approve a debt-limit raise passed by a vote of 52-48. I applaud the 48 Americans who voted for living within our means.

No comments: