Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's a Wrap!

The grading is finished and final paperwork submitted. The semester is officially over, and summer scheduled to begin for me one week from Monday. It'll take a few days to prepare my reading list, and then I'll be making a swing through Michigan to visit family before heading back up north to sink into the rest of being home.

This semester has been a great ride. I have found reward in the work, the wins, and in deepening relationships with friends. Work in teaching put me in touch with some great students this semester, many who are certain to accomplish amazing things. A new job for the fall will open opportunity to work with incoming teaching assistants as a mentor to their work with technology. I'm looking forward to the change and the challenge. If all goes as planned, August will bring preliminary exams. Most of my summer will be spent reading and writing in preparation for that work. You'll hear more as I progress, I'm sure.




For now ... home is calling me, and I'll soon be on my way.

No comments: