Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Catching Up, But in the Meantime ...

I'm still catching up on the stacks of reading that piled up in my recent absence from "Body Electric" - this before addressing the list of writing ideas that have also come and gone with the time, but a snip from Daily Kos today captured my attention with a few pointed words this morning in a repost of Gen. Wes Clark's laudable position, and I want to add my own appreciation for the expression. Affirming his support for Ted Lamont this morning, Gen. Clark stated:

You see, despite what Joe Lieberman believes, invading Iraq and diverting our attention away from Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden is not being strong on national security. Blind allegiance to George W. Bush and his failed "stay the course" strategy is not being strong on national security. And no, Senator Lieberman, no matter how you demonize your opponents, there is no "antisecurity wing" of the Democratic Party.

Well said. That's the Democratic message on National Security this year, and it works.

3 comments:

Junebugg said...

It's about time you let the world know that you were alive and kicking!

Winston said...

Ditto Junebugg.

I had not seen or heard General Clark's statement, but it rocks. Seems we had a chance to put him on a launch pad toward the White House last time around and we blew it.

Sentinel 47 said...

Thanks for the highlight! I'll echo junebugg's 'alive and kicking' sentiment, though I have occasion to see you outside this context. I like the 'electronic' you very well. ~t