Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ant Works

For Mother's Day I received an "ant farm" from my son and a Canon digital movie camera. Their gifts inspired my first movie project: a condensed-time recording of the work these ants did to compose their world. Watch the tunnels take shape, see the frenzy of their first feeding, and then watch at the life of the environment begins to fade. Note: these ants were native to my geographic region and were released shortly after the point of the film where you see it end.

This project represents a number of firsts for me: a first ant farm, a first movie camera, and a first-time use of Windows Movie Maker. I can see room for improvement, but I'm thrilled to have completed the project.

3 comments:

Wil said...

It miight be just me, but I can't find the link to your movie...

Mary Godwin said...

No, Will, the missing video was one more of those learning experiences for me. I've got it working now! -mg

Sentinel 47 said...

confession... I just sat here, missing you (already), and watching this again -- even though I must have already watched it a half dozen times from right next to you. Keep pushing forward, lady. You'll always have me in your corner! --t